Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hot Guacamole Dip


I've been on a guacamole kick lately.  It’s my “go to” snack for movie watching or pre-dinner snacking.  Now that it’s cooling down, I thought, hmm… how can I make this into a delicious warm snack?  This yummy dip is what I came up with!  Whether or not you like traditional guacamole, you should give this hot and creamy dip a try!

Hot Guacamole Dip
3 oz.  cream cheese, softened
4 oz. guacamole*
1 ½ t. lemon juice
1/8 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/8 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
2-3 T. heavy cream, optional

*I usually make my guacamole from scratch; but our local grocery store didn’t have any avocados!  Instead, I used a store-bought, mild guacamole and doctored it with some lemon juice, finely chopped green onion and minced garlic. 

Preheat oven to 350°.

Using a hand mixer, beat the guacamole and cream cheese until smooth.  Add lemon juice and cheeses and beat until combined.  If you want a thinner dip, add heavy cream.  (I like mine thick, so I didn’t add any.)  Spread in two ramekins and top with a little shredded cheese and a light sprinkling of salt and pepper.
 
Bake for 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and it begins to bubble around the edges.  Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies.



This recipe is enough for 2-4 people.  The boys’ nanny and I shared one ramekin as a pre-dinner snack.  If you are making this for a party, I would double (or even triple) the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment